Monday, September 10, 2018

Response to Paul and Judy and Dorothy Weisbord

Response to Paul and Judy and Dorothy Weisbord




           My name is MacKenzie Gage, granddaughter of Art and Ida Gage.  I have been upset about the attacks made against my grandparents.  I would not describe either of them as making charges against anyone out of anger or being bitter.  Growing up my family and I spent a lot of time at Lake Ninevah.  My grandfather taught all of his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren how to fish.  All of us cousins were always busy catching salamanders, swimming, hiking, boating, and learning to love our lake and the outdoors.  In the winter we all learned to ski and I loved rabbit hunting with the guys.  Vermont and Lake Ninevah became my favorite place to be.  When my grandmother asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up my reply was always:  "I want to be a Vermonter."  My grandparents took us many places like the Bennington Monument, the Old First Church, the Bennington Museum, Clarendon Gorge, Wilson Castle to name a few.
            I chose Castleton College and obtained my BS degree in physical education.  It was so much fun being in Vermont for four years.  With our camp nearby my parents and grandparents visited often and loved going to my soccer games.  When I graduated I wanted to celebrate at Lake Ninevah.  Many of my friends and relatives came for the weekend.  Both of my grandparents were physical education teachers.  My plan was to stay in Vermont but I got a job in New York.  In fact, I now teach in the district my grandfather taught in for 30  years.  Everyone there tells me I have some pretty big shoes to fill.
           I take offense that people have chosen to make false accusations against my grandparents.  They did not initiate a lawsuit the Foundation did.  I know that whatever they are doing it is because they love Vermont and love Lake Ninevah.  They want to make sure that all of us have a place we can love and enjoy when they are no longer with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment