Sunday, May 7, 2017

Dear Mount Holly NewsFlash recipients

Dear Mount Holly NewsFlash recipients,

The Mount Holly School Board had an “important message” emailed via the Mount Holly NewsFlash on Friday, May 5, 2017 concerning the upcoming vote about the Mill River merger. I respect and value the opinion of each of the MHS School Board members. I truly believed one of those Board members when I was told the Board would present an unbiased informational mailing about the merger. However, after reading the attachment in the NewsFlash, I am appalled. It seems to me that every part of the document is biased and attempts to coerce my vote. I can only hope that the document sent out on Friday in the NewsFlash was not the final version that will arrive in my mailbox.

Being able to vote is our constitutional responsibility and I will not have anyone coercing my vote, especially when my vote will affect those community members who are too young to vote. I have been learning, listening and thinking about how I will vote on May 30; and I encourage all Mount Holly community members to do the same.

Thank you for your attention,
Sherri Geimer

No comments:

Post a Comment