Monday, March 2, 2015

Seat on the Select Board


Dear Mount Holly Voters,

I understand the need to respect and listen to all our citizens and the various points of view they hold.  To quote our outgoing SB member Jim Heald:  “Everybody in town, no matter where they live, sends their tax money to the Town of Mount Holly . . ..  It doesn’t mean it is any different in Belmont, Hortonville, Tarbelville; there are all kinds of villes, we are all Mount Holly.  .  .  .  We are all neighbors, we are all here for the same thing -- for the benefit of the town.”   Working together is the only way we will truly prosper as a town.

I am Brigid Sullivan and I am running for a seat on the Select Board. I bring experience, common sense and a frugal nature to the position.

I have experience in managing budgets and grant writing.  I will work to keep our taxes as low as possible and bring in outside grant money to supplement those taxes wherever possible.    I raised over $800,000 for Mount Holly organizations and not for profits during the past 10 years.

Growing up on a farm in Michigan and running parks departments, I understand the need for the right equipment to do the job.  I would work with our crew and others to plan for long-term replacement needs of Mount Holly’s equipment, buildings and infrastructure.  

For more information about me, there is a video on LPCTV Channel 21.  It will also be available on the LPCTV website at: http://lpctv.org/programs/brigid-sullivan-mt-holly-selectboard

Please don't hesitate to contact me with additional questions at 259-2274.  I ask for your vote tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Brigid Sullivan

P.S., You will need the free Quick Time player on your computer to watch the video.  You may download it here, if you do not already have it: apple.com/quicktime 
Recommended browser for viewing is Mozilla Firefox.

1 comment: